Stuffed peppers with slices of meat and cheese … Mahashi recipes are among the distinguished dishes on the Arab table.
- Red pepper: 2 (without head and seeds)
- Yellow pepper: 2 (headless and seedless)
- Vegetable oil: a tablespoon
- Onion: 1 piece (cut into very thin slices)
- Mushrooms: 1 cup (chopped)
- Salt: half a teaspoon
- Black pepper: a quarter of a teaspoon
- Steak: 4 slices (fillet/thin slices)
- Italian herbs: 2 tablespoons (dried)
- Cheddar cheese: a cup (grated)
How to prepare
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Put the peppers in an oven dish lined with parchment paper and put them in the oven for 30 minutes, then take them out.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, add the oil, onion, mushrooms, herbs, salt, and pepper, and stir-fry until softened, 10 minutes.
- Add the steak and my heart until it turns brown and mixes with the ingredients.
- Add the grated cheese and remove the pan from the heat.
- Spread the filling over the roasted peppers and return the dish to the oven on the grill until just browned and served hot.