As an irregular snack or addition to the holiday table, these cheesy-stuffed dates can't be beat. Choose the delicate Calabrese ham or Calabrian salami, which provide the best, savory, spicy point of creamy goat cheese... The skinny slices help you chop small enough items for the filling mixture.
- 8 servings
- Three tablespoons. raw pistachio
- Four ounces of goat cheese
- 3 oz. Thinly sliced calabrese or spicy salami, thinly sliced
- One tea spoon. finely grated lemon peel
- Twenty-four huge dates (about half a dozen ounces), ideally Medjool, cellular
- honey (to spray)
Toast the pistachios in a small, very dry skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 5 to 8 minutes. Leave to cool slightly, then chop finely.
Combine goat cheese, salami, and lemon zest in a medium bowl.
Slice the dates lengthwise, being careful not to cut all the way through, and open a kind of book. Stuff each date with a teaspoon of the cheese mixture.
Prepare the dates, stuffing them, on a large plate or plate. Sprinkle honey on pistachios.